As per 2015 Remodeling Impact report from the National Association of Realtors,” a complete kitchen renovation and remodeling costs an average of $60,000. To spend such a large amount of money, it is always better to have a list of Dos and Don’ts in kitchen renovations:
Here is the list of Dos and Don’ts homeowners in Toronto should consider:
1) Make a wish list to exactly know what you want from the kitchen.
2) Make a list of those which you really can’t afford to miss.
3) Make a rough budget of the kitchen renovation. Making budget is absolutely necessary otherwise you may end up buying things that are not needed and will end up with a compounded cost.
4) Browse through the various combinations and designs and keep photo handy.
5) An ideal layout of the kitchen along with fixtures and finishes should also be discussed with the contractor
6) Visualize what the end design of the kitchen is
7) Beware of sneaky contractors who tend to load with higher priced models fixtures, cabinets etc.
8) Take multiple quotations from contractors and schedule multiple meeting before you finalize one.
9) Ask them for the latest references for the projects they have done.
10) Check their license and insurance details.
9) Discuss your apprehensions
10) The budget will always exceed because there will always be unforeseen costs. Be ready to bear them and budget 010% extra for this.
11) Expect that contractors may delay the project. Keep a buffer of at least 2 weeks to finalize the details.
1) Don’t remodel without keeping the actual requirement in mind. For example, if your kitchen is always busy with activities then look for durable flowing. If you don’t have kids or pets, then invest in the top-of-the-line appliances.
2) Don’t plan without keeping functionality in mind.
3) Don’t plan kitchen renovations, if you can’t recoup the costs when you sell your house.
4) Don’t let price be the only deciding factor while choosing a contractor. Decide to keep quality, references, and budget in mind.
5) Don’t go blind on the contractor, do your own research also.
Ensure that your kitchen remodel can add up value to your home by following the above dos and don’ts otherwise you will end with an unsatisfactory result with an overshot budget. Choose a good contractor and enjoy both quality and service.
We at Kitchen and Bath are all in House Crew with no subcontractors. Our prices are the lowest in Toronto and we take guarantee for that. we offer complete kitchen remodeling and kitchen renovation with plywood interiors, solid maple doors, and dovetail drawers. We offer custom design & Lifetime warranty.
If you are a Toronto homeowner and looking for a total kitchen design solution, contact Kitchen and Bath